There are lots of points during litigation that you might need to pull together evidence.
You might not even be going through litigation yet, but just have a risk of going to court. You might be trying to resolve it yourself or with a lawyer, but need some advice that may become evidence later.
Or you might already be in the legal process and need an accountant or analyst as an expert, who can write an expert opinion you’ll use for evidence.
What are we experts in?
Valuations – business valuations, share valuations, loss and damages valuations
Governance – Including directors’ duties and other governance processes
Forensics – Essentially wherever the flow of money needs to be identified, either physically or through other accounting practice
Accounting principles – Assessing correct treatment of transactions
Why use us for litigation support?
Experts are required for seemingly complex issues like valuation, forensics, governance or other accounting / business practice. Many experts can explain these complexities, but few can simplify complex issues into simple terms. Even fewer can do this while grounding issue to the commercial reality. We are one of these ‘few’.
We’re good at this because we do so much of it. We’ve done it for our clients, for solicitors to help them build a case, and for ourselves where we’ve owned businesses, or held governance or other advisory roles within other businesses.
We tell it like it is, even to our own clients. We will not take on engagements where we do not believe in what we advocate for. But even though we’re blunt, we’re pragmatic.
What have we worked on recently?
- A loss claim in Agriculture/Forestry including assessment of consequential losses
- A business valuation required for relationship property settlement for more than $XXm
- An expert opinion on money flows, where the original intention was investment or debt across a number of properties and there was a dispute about what the commercial agreement was.
- Forensic Analysis, to identify and quantify potential fraud by an agent employed to manage assets in New Zealand, owned by non-residents.
- Numerous engagements for the crown in assessing business loss claims as a preferred supplier. Most recently the loss claims related to compulsory acquisitions for the City Rail Link.