Collecting your personal information
We collect personal information about you from:
- Yourself, when you provide personal information to us, including via the website, related services, registration or subscription processes, contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you purchase or use our services and products.
- Third parties, where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal or business information for purposes including:
- Verification of your identity
- Providing and /or improving products and services to you
- Keeping you informed about our products and services and those of our relevant business partners
- Fulfilment of any legal and/or regulatory obligations
- Marketing, promotional work, publicity, or market research that we might undertake
- Responding to communications from you
- Billing and collecting money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- The conduct of research and statistical analysis (on an anonymous basis)
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Privacy Act 2020.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep the information secure to prevent loss, misuse, or unauthorised use/disclosure of personal information. We will treat your personal information as confidential. We may need to disclose certain information to; our contractors or agents; other organisations including other parties to the matter, a Court and law enforcement and government agencies who process transactions or perform regulatory functions, but only to carry out your instructions, to fulfil our professional duties, to exercise our rights under these Terms, or to comply with legal requirements.
Once we no longer require your personal information for any of the purposes for which it was collected, we will, subject to any legal obligations and responsibilities, take reasonable steps to destroy your personal information.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
Your privacy on our website
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.