You can customise your public profile LinkedIn URL when you change what appears on your public profile. Custom public profile URLs are available on a first come, first served basis. Members can only have one custom public profile URL at a time.
What is a URL? Uniform Resource Locator. Read more here.
When you look at your LinkedIn profile, are there a bunch of numbers after the address? Like this… https://www.linkedin.com/in/first-lastname-6299b4122/?
Here’s how to fix it, get rid of the numbers and have a shorter address.
- Go to your LinkedIn profile page
- At the top right of your general information, click on the edit symbol (pencil)
- Adjacent to ‘Contact Info’, click on the edit symbol (pencil)
- Click on your Profile URL
- At the top right is a heading ‘Edit URL’, click on the edit symbol (pencil)
- Delete the numbers from the end of your name and click the ‘Save’ button
- Close the windows
Please note that it takes a while for search engines to update this information, but the link that has the numbers in it will still work in the meantime.
Here’s the help page from LinkedIn: