The IRD Tool for Business is an online interactive tool to help you get all your small business tax issues sorted quickly and simply.
Here’s a list of useful links related to the IRD’s Tool for Business:
- Companies Office step by step guide
- Depreciation calculator
- Determining your Business Industry Description and Code
- Employer monthly schedule IR348
- Filing your income tax return at the end of the tax year
- Find depreciation rate
- Form a company and get an IRD number
- Free Inland Revenue business tax seminars and workshops
- How NZ Trade & Enterprise can help your business
- How to register as an employer
- Important dates and due date calendar
- IRD number application – resident non-individual IR596
- KiwiSaver for employers
- Register for MyIR Secure Online Services
- Self-employed parental leave entitlements
- Trading online and tax
- Who is required to register for GST
Here’s a list of online services related to the Tool for Business:
Here’s a list of downloads related to the Tool for Business:
- Business support in New Zealand (IR1010)
This factsheet gives you details of the different government departments/agencies and organisations that provide support to businesses.
- Cashbook template
A spreadsheet that helps you to categorise your transactions and monitor GST.
- Model cashbook (IR378)
An example of a cashbook when you use a payment basis to calculate your GST.
- Record keeping (IR1008)
This factsheet tells you about some of the benefits of keeping good records, and has a checklist of the types of records you need to keep.
- Starting a business – checklist (IR1007)
Use this checklist to work out what you need to do when you’re starting a business.
- Vehicle logbook template
Keep track of your vehicle usage so that you can claim deductions.
- Wage summary template
Keep track of your wages.