Liftoff is an upcoming investment and crowd-funding platform for New Zealand. They are in the business of making it easy for Kiwi investors and businesses alike to get their dreams off the ground.
They do this by making it possible for people to invest in or fund as much or as little as they like in a businesses they choose via a simple, online platform. Businesses raise capital seamlessly from friends, family, members of their communities and independent investors.
Liftoff provides an opportunity to enjoy the excitement of being part of dynamic, high-growth businesses. Their objectives are to;
- Transform New Zealand’s economy by giving entrepreneurs a platform to leverage their friends, family, community and habitual investors to raise capital
- Provide mentoring, support and advice for the businesses raising capital, to close the gap between inspiration and implementation
- Give every Kiwi the opportunity to invest in great Kiwi businesses, and exposure to the returns from a portfolio of equity investments
Investors – Investing, simplified
Liftoff makes it simple for you to discover businesses that are looking for early-stage investment capital or crowd-funding to enable growth. Invest in or fund the ones you like and watch as the businesses you’ve supported grow, all through an easy to use online platform.
- Find a Project. Using the project browser, you can find the perfect investment or crowd-funding opportunity from the comfort of your computer. Just pick a category and get searching.
- Invest Online. You don’t even have to leave the couch to get investing – simply follow the steps and make your payment. All equity related funds are held in a trust account until the project is successful. If the amount isn’t raised, you’ll get your money back.
- Stay Updated! After a company successfully raises the amount they’ve asked for, their project is ready for liftoff! Share it across social sites and stay in the loop through company announcements and emails.
Entrepreneurs – Boost your Business
Liftoff is an investment (subject to FMA licence approval) and crowd-funding platform that will allow you to raise capital from friends, family, members of your community and other independent investors through a website. You can start a capital raising project at any time – it’s that simple.
- Tell your story. Using the project creator, you can tell the story of your business or idea – your market, the team, strategies for revenue and growth, and how much capital you’re raising. For equity projects, you’ll also mention how much equity you’re offering. You can even upload photos and more.
- Get involved. Before going live, Liftoff’s investment team will review your project to ensure that every statement in your promotional document is fair, clear and not misleading for investors – and to make sure you’ll get maximum interest from potential supporters.
- Launch your project. Once all is in order, your project will go live. Investors will be able to view your project information, ask questions and, if they like what they see, they can easily invest in or fund your business directly through the website.
Liftoff closes the gap between Inspiration and Implementation and Gilligan Sheppard has a shareholding in Liftoff. Click here to view their website to find out more or sign up.